David Derfel was called to the Bar in Ontario in 2002 after completing law school at the University of Windsor. David also possesses a honours commerce degree from York University.
Over his years of practice David has gained knowledge and experience in many areas of law including personal injury, criminal defence, commercial litigation, insurance defence litigation and corporate/commercial law. This broad exposure to many areas of law throughout his career enables David to identify and address many issues that can arise in a legal dispute.
David is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association.
Community Support and Volunteering
- Helped to incorporate obtain charitable status for the not for profit organization United Chesed of Toronto an organization that provides urgent, short-term relief to families and individuals in crisis situations and to distribute food, furniture, household goods, medical supplies, and other essential resources to those in need
- Assisted in the incorporation and the obtaining of chartable status the not for profit organization Canadian Friends of Kulanu an organization that brings together diverse religious communities throughout the world
- Assistant coach of Vaughan JCC Minor Novice NYHL Select Hockey for the 2016-2017 season
- Coach for Vaughan JCC House League Hockey from 2012 to 2017
- Coach for JCC Chai Sports Novice Developmental Select Hockey for the 2013-2014 season
- Coach for JCC Chai Sports Minor Atom Select Hockey for 2014-2015
- Coached for JCC Chai Sports Novice Developmental Select Hockey for 2015-2016 season
- Coach Vaughan Soccer Club house league soccer 2011
- Coach Glen Shields Soccer Club house league soccer 2010
- Present and Past Supporter Of Chai Lifeline
- Chai Sports House League Hockey
- Vaughan JCC Select Hockey
- Avenue Road Hockey Select
- Goulding Park Rangers A GTHL